Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Heart to Heart


Being the internet junkie that I am, I've always heard rave reviews of Etsy. I've even spent countless hours browsing the site and bookmarking things I want (productive, I know). I was just never brave enough to pull the trigger and actually buy something. Be it my sincere disdain for online shopping, or the fact that I don't actually trust that the products I order will arrive to my satisfaction, I tend not to make purchases. But with my 25th birthday quickly approaching, and the start of a new job looming, I decided - damn it - I'm going to treat myself to something frivolous from Etsy!
Enter Big and Little Copper Heart rings.

I was looking for something dainty enough to wear everyday; something that could be worn alone, or layered with other jewelry to give a cool bohemian vibe (yeah, I said it). This set called to me as soon as I saw it. I've worn these rings everyday since they arrived in my mailbox.

I struggle with jewelry. I want trendy pieces, and timeless pieces. I want all my jewelry to be quality so that I don't get a tell-tale green ring around my fingers. Because of this, places like Forever 21 are the bane of my existence. I see cute pieces, but nothing lasts for more than a handful of months before tarnishing.

Cinda, of Fancy Brand Rings, has convinced me to make more Etsy purchases. The pieces aren't mass produced, are made with quality and attention to detail (depending on the seller), and gives you the opportunity to support independent designers.

Thanks, Cinda!

2 comments:

  1. a young and beautiful blog :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like this so much!

    happy sunday dear!
    kisses
    http://cottoncandy-peaches@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete